Pokemon GO gives you the privilege to interact with real-world with your smartphones. It enables you to catch and train wild Pokemon and challenge other trainers to battles. Trainers usually try to intimidate each other, and sometimes just the name might be enough. While you train to level up your buddy, it is important to change your name in Pokemon GO to strike fear amongst your opponents.
Steps to Change Your Name in Pokemon Go
- Open your Pokemon GO app so that you can change your username. Open the game, and you will redirect to the main screen.
- Click on the Pokeball. You can find the Pokeball icon on the bottom of your game screen.
- Once you click the Pokeball, it will direct you to a new page. Here, you can find a Settings icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and select “Change Nickname” you can see that in the middle of your game screen under your current username.
- If you can’t see this option, you have already changed your username. Further, click on “Yes” and confirm you want to change your name.
- A new prompt will appear asking you to write your new nickname in the space provided. Type your desired name and then click on “Ok.”
How to Change Name in Pokemon Go Second Time
Even though the game gives players a prompt that the name can be changed only once, there’s a nifty little workaround that enables players to change their name once again. Here are the steps to change your name in Pokemon GO for the second time:
- Open Settings and click on Critical Issues.
- Search for the “Report Inappropriate Gameplay” and report an issue.
- The following page will open and under the nickname suspected type “N/A”. For additional information, simply mention that your account was compromised or hacked and you would like to change the name back to normal.
As a result, the Pokemon GO team will reply within 24 hours and provide you with a final chance to change your name in Pokemon GO.
Can You Change Your Team Name in Pokemon Go?
Upon reaching Level 5 in Pokemon GO, players have a tough choice to choose their teams. Trainers have to stick to these teams throughout their journey to becoming the best. In simple words, you cannot change your team name. Both the name and the team can be chosen only once in Pokemon GO.