Pokémon GO has taken the world by storm since its release in 2016. Millions of trainers around the globe are on a quest to catch and train Pokémon, while exploring new places and engaging with fellow players. One of the key aspects of the game is its social interaction, which is heavily facilitated through the friend system. In this guide, we will explore how to add friends in Pokémon GO, suggest places to find new friends, and explain why having friends is important for your Pokémon journey.
Step 1: Locate Your Trainer Code
Before you can start adding friends, you need to find your Trainer Code. This unique code allows other players to find and add you as a friend. Follow these simple steps to locate your Trainer Code:
- Open the Pokémon GO app.
- Tap on your avatar located in the bottom-left corner of the screen to access your Trainer Profile.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Friends” tab.
- At the top of the screen, you’ll see your Trainer Code, consisting of 12 numbers.
Step 2: Add Friends Using Trainer Codes
Once you have your Trainer Code, you can begin adding friends. Share your Trainer Code with others, and ask for theirs in return. To add a friend using their Trainer Code, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Friends” tab in your Trainer Profile.
- Tap on the “Add Friend” button.
- Enter the Trainer Code of the person you want to add, and tap on the “Send” button.
- A friend request will be sent to the other player, who will need to accept it for you to become friends.
Step 3: Discover Places to Find New Friends
There are many places where you can meet fellow Pokémon GO trainers and expand your friend list. Here are some suggestions:
- Local Pokémon GO Community: Many cities have active Pokémon GO communities, often organizing events and meetups. Check for Facebook groups, Discord servers, or local subreddit forums dedicated to Pokémon GO in your area.
- Pokémon GO Events: Niantic, the game’s developer, hosts official Pokémon GO events such as Community Days, Safari Zones, and GO Fests. Attend these events to meet like-minded players and exchange Trainer Codes.
- Raid Battles and Gyms: Raids and Gym battles are great opportunities to meet other trainers in real-time. You can strike up a conversation while waiting for a Raid to start or while battling at a Gym.
- Online Forums and Social Media: Join online Pokémon GO forums, Facebook groups, or follow Twitter accounts related to the game. Players often share their Trainer Codes, looking for new friends.
Why Having Friends in Pokémon GO is Important
The friend system in Pokémon GO offers several benefits that can enhance your gameplay experience:
- Sending and Receiving Gifts: Friends can send each other gifts containing useful items such as Poké Balls, Potions, and Berries. Gifts may also contain special 7km Eggs, which hatch into rare regional Pokémon.
- Trading Pokémon: Friends can trade Pokémon with each other, which helps fill your Pokédex, re-roll IVs, and earn bonus Candy.
- Raid Battles: Playing with friends in Raid Battles provides an attack boost and extra Premier Balls, increasing your chances of defeating and capturing powerful Raid Bosses.
- Friendship Levels: As you interact with friends, your Friendship Level increases, unlocking various bonuses such as reduced Stardust costs for trades and extra damage in Raids.
- PvP Battles: Friends can challenge each other in player-versus-player battles, earning rewards and practicing their skills.
he Pokémon GO friend system is a crucial aspect of the game, providing numerous benefits and enhancing the overall gameplay experience. By adding friends, you can exchange gifts, trade Pokémon, gain bonuses in Raid Battles, and engage in friendly PvP competitions. The social interaction element of Pokémon GO encourages players to connect with others, fostering a sense of community and teamwork.
Now that you know how to add friends in Pokémon GO and where to find new ones, it’s time to embark on your journey to catch ’em all! Forge friendships, collaborate in battles, and enjoy the exciting world of Pokémon while expanding your network of fellow trainers. Remember, a true Pokémon Master is never alone – your friends are your strongest allies in this incredible adventure.