The Pokemon GO Christmas event may be ending soon, but fear not, the festivities are just getting started! The Pokemon GO New Year’s event is set to arrive in just a few short days and comes with a bunch of cool new bonuses and the chance to snag a new shiny Pokemon!
When Does it Start?
The brand new Pokemon GO New Year’s event begins on Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 10 pm and will last all the way until Monday, January 4, 2021, at 10 pm local time.
- Some Pokemon will be wearing festive costumes to celebrate the new year
- Slowpoke wearing 2020 glasses will be appearing in the wild, after you complete Field Research tasks, in raids, as well as hatching from 2 km Eggs
- Evolve Slowpoke wearing 2020 glasses to get a Slowbro wearing 2021 glasses!
- Pichu wearing a New Year’s hat will be hatching from 2 km Eggs
- Pikachu wearing a New Year’s hat will be appearing in the wild and after you complete Field Research tasks. You can also get one by evolving a Pichu wearing a New Year’s hat.
- Evolve Pikachu wearing a New Year’s hat to get a Raichu wearing a New Year’s hat!
- Wynaut will be hatching from 2 km Eggs. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Wynaut!
- Raticate, Wobbuffet, and Wurmple wearing party hats will be appearing in one-star raids. Klink and Espurr will be joining them as well.
- Eevee wearing a party hat will be available as a Field Research reward encounter.
- Beginning on Wednesday, December 30, 2020 at 1pm PST, the 2021 Glasses and the New Year’s Party Hat avatar items will be available in the in-app shop.
- Boxes will contain different items during the event! Check out the shop for more details.
- 2x Hatch Candy
- 2x Hatch Stardust
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during this time
That’s all we know so far about the brand new Pokemon GO New Year’s event! Let us know if you plan on grinding out for your chance at a shiny Wynaut! I’m hoping to get myself a new holiday Pikachu!